5825 W. STATE RTE. 161
BELLEVILLE, IL 62223
On an international scale, road infrastructure is in need of repair and replacement. After decades of use, extreme weathering, and increased wear due to population booms, repairs are mandatory to maintain necessary safety and sanitation standards, lengthen the life of existing infrastructure, and reduce further damage. The PM102 Cold Planer provides many advantages and solutions to restore declining pavement.
This dependable and versatile machine is cost-effective due to its high productivity and since materials can be recycled, fuel from trucking is saved.
Restoration with Minimal Interruption
Easily reestablishes drainage flow and curb reveal and the textured, even surface left behind can immediately be opened for traffic.
100% recycling/stabilizing of existing road materials saves money and conserves rapidly diminishing natural resources. Reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) can then be intermixed with virgin materials to create stronger mixtures that are proven to last longer and perform better than conventional asphalt mixes
The Strategic Advantages of the PM-102 Cold Planer
Managers and supervisors like the PM-102 Cold Planer because it has several distinct advantages over previous rehabilitation metHDDs:
- The reclaimed material from job sites can be used on current or future projects, which reduces material and job costs as well as environmental impact.
- The remaining textured surface provides skid control and improved bonding.
- The generally lower cost extends maintenance budgets and allows for more miles of pavement rehabilitation.
- It offers minimal traffic interruption and public inconvenience since vehicles can drive on the new surface immediately.
- Advancements in fuel consumption, productivity and operator controls make it a highly efficient and reliable machine, which saves time, money and resources.
The Tactical Advantages of PM-102 Cold Planer
Engineers and contractors like the PM-102 Cold Planer because:
- Its folding conveyor reduces machine dimensions, making it easier to transport.
- Two speed ranges allow the machine to operate at maximum torque throughout the entire milling process, or at faster travel speeds for moving around the job site.
- The electronically controlled anti-stall system allows for maximum production.
- The collecting conveyor’s width measures in at 550mm (21.6″) and is driven by a high torque hydraulic motor for maximum efficiency.
- The hydraulically operated anti-slab device prevents slabbing of the road surface, protects the collecting conveyor and ensures an optimum discharge opening to the rotor chamber.
- Pressurized water controls belt dust.