5825 W. STATE RTE. 161
BELLEVILLE, IL 62223
Find the problem now, save money later!
On an international scale, sewer and other utilities are in need of inspection, repair and replacement. Most are located in congested urban areas, under buildings, roadways or expensive landscape, and are surrounded by other utilities. With estimated utility replacement costs in the billions over the next 20 years, repair work is often selected over replacement due to tight municipal budgets. Without proper inspections, pipe degradation and intrusions may go undetected until system backups demand attention.
- Manhole and Sewer Line Inspections – Regularly scheduled inspections help determine which pipes are in need of the most urgent repair and provide detailed reports for future planning.
- Sewer Line Repairs – With limited budgets and resources, it is important to identify and repair sewer lines that are causing system backups and leaking contaminants into the soil.
- Sewer Line Replacements – After decades of use, especially in high growth areas, inspections may determine that repairs are insufficient and total replacement is necessary.
The Strategic Advantages of Sewer/Pipeline Televising
Managers and supervisors like televising sewer/pipeline technology because it has several distinct advantages over previous rehabilitation methods:
- It allows operators to assess the condition of a sewer line in real time.
- It can reveal blockages from debris, roots, and grease; show cracks, breaks or deterioration of a pipe.
- It reduces the risk of injury from manual inspections.
- It offers detailed diagnosis without the need for excavation, saving time and money.
- It helps utility companies evaluate the effectiveness of their maintenance procedures.
- It ultimately cuts down the number of sewage backups in municipal and residential areas due to low pipe flow capacity.
The Tactical Advantages of Sewer/Pipeline Televising
Engineers and contractors like televising sewer/pipeline technology because:
- Specialized equipment can operate on a minimum of 1,000 feet of multi-conductor.
- TV cable and can inspect sewer lines from 6 inches and up.
- Laser Diodes combine the latest laser beam technology with an advanced digital video caliper for measuring pipe defects and other abnormalities without the need to enter the pipeline.
- Pan-tilt and optical zoom cameras record video inspections, which enables crack measurement while eliminating spherical and barrel distortion and pin cushioning. Sewer lateral inspections are completed without homeowner intrusion.
- Laser profiling is able to produce pipe degradation measurement accuracy within +/- 0.1% with onboard HDTV cameras and produces a digital pipe profile for repair planning.
- Manhole inspections can provide a quick and accurate assessment of confined spaces without entry.